Saturday 26 July 2008

Ziggy and Delilah


Meet Ziggy and Delilah. They are my neighbours cats who I am currently looking after.
Ziggy, on the left, is my favorite. This sounds cruel, but she is my favorite through the neglect she has faced. The family used to have a dog and the dog was too big to be trusted with the cats and so they were kept in the back room. The oldest of the children, Kelly, favoured Delilah and used to take her up to her room and give her a lot of attention. Delilah got a collar. When the dog left, the cats were allowed around the house. But, as Kelly favoured Delilah, the twins wanted Delilah's love too (else it would seem unfair that she got to be Kelly's cat). They are getting better though, and Ziggy is getting the love she deserves. And I finally went and bought her a collar.
The pair of them are beautiful. Delilah used to be snow white with only grey ears and paws. Now she's got a good mixed of colour, including a ginger face. Though it's paler than Ziggy's. I have to admit though, Ziggy's colouring had drawn me to her since she was a kitten, so maybe she was always going to be my favorite? She also likes to nuzzle and lick my hand in the evening. I imagine she's just telling me she's hungry.

No comments: